Say that five times fast! I noticed that I had some bananas rotting away in my kitchen and decided to bake cookies with them instead of throwing them in the trash. I think these are my new favorite cookies. As you can see from the picture below, there are no eggs in the recipe. I also swapped out the sugar for stevia for a bit of a healthier cookie. This recipe is super easy to make and only took me about 5 minutes to prepare.
First, you’re going to peel your bananas and put them in a bowl like this… because no one wants to eat the banana peel..
Yum. Once the bananas are in the bowl, add the butter…
And the brown sugar…
And the white sugar…
If you don’t want to be as healthy, just double the amount I have listed of stevia and replace that amount with sugar. Make sense? So 1/2 cup of stevia brown sugar would be 1 cup of regular brown sugar.
Cream the ingredients together until it looks pretty gross. No lie, I was turned off by the look of it, but I promise, the cookies are delicious!
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, xanthan gum, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk it together so it becomes one.
Add the flour mixture to the gross looking banana mixture and stir until combined. This is where it starts looking like normal cookie dough… yay!
Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and mix until evenly distributed.
Like any other cookie, let the dough chill. Put the bowl in the fridge for about 40 minutes. Go take a walk while you’re waiting. You could probably use the exercise.
After your long walk through the park, it’s time to scoop! I used a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, but you can just use a spoon if you’re not as fancy as I am.
Bake these bad boys for 7-10 minutes or until the tops are just starting to brown. Let them cool and enjoy with a big glass of (insert type of “milk” you drink).
As always, let me know what you think and give me recommendations on what you want to see next!!
2 cups gluten free flour
½ tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp corn starch
½ tsp salt
½ cup (1 stick) butter
2 medium ripe bananas
½ cup truvia brown sugar
2 Tbsp truvia sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cream together bananas, butter, and sugars until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, salt, corn starch, and baking soda.
- Stir in the flour mixture to creamed bananas and mix until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips
- Refrigerate the dough for about 40 minutes
- Use cookie scoop to scoop dough onto prepared pans and bake for 7-10 minutes or until tops are turning brown
- Let cool on rack before storing in an airtight container.
Looking for the printable recipe to add to your recipe book? Look no further!